What Should You Do If Your Child Is Stung By A Scorpion?

Updated: Nov 19, 2020

A scorpion’s venom is exceedingly toxic and especially dangerous for children. If a child is stung, seek immediate medical care – preferably the hospital. There are many side effects that need to be observed: difficulty breathing, drooling, sweating, vomiting, hypertension, irregular heart beat, inconsolable crying, and twitching/jerking muscles, head, neck and (especially) eyes. Tony Gonzales, co-founder of Scorpion Repel, experienced these side effects first-hand.

Tony’s three-year-old son, Jaxon, was stung on his elbow. Tony recalls, “Jaxon had just gotten out of the pool and grabbed a towel from the shelf. After he put the towel around his body, he started to scream. It was the worst cry I had ever experienced, and it would continue for 10 hours.” Tony knew it had to be a scorpion. After shaking the towel, the scorpion fell out. Tony’s wife took to the Internet to research. They called family and friends in the medical field, who said seek medical attention. Not knowing exactly the seriousness, they took Jaxon to urgent care. Jaxon was monitored for several hours as he cried from the pain. The urgent care would not release Jaxon until his symptoms subsided or an ambulance was available. After Jaxon’s throat started closing in and his eyes started twitching, an ambulance finally came for Jaxon and he was rushed to the hospital. 10 hours later, Jaxon received two vials of anascorp (anti-venom), and calmed down. When Jaxon arrived at the hospital, the attending physician said that this whole ordeal could have been shorten by more than 8 hours had Jaxon been taken directly to the hospital.

It is important to keep in mind that even adults can have these side effects. If you are unsure, call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222, or go to

If you want to keep scorpions out of your home, you have to use Scorpion Repel Barrier. A toxic free and chemical free clear application is applied to the base of your home, and scorpions cannot attach themselves to the application so they cannot climb up into your home. It is a one-time application that lasts for years. Contact us today at 480 662 1171 or visit our contact page at

2,977 views0 comments