The supplies have been bought, the teachers have been met, and the kids are back in school. It’s time to tackle all those projects you have put off during the summer and get organized. If you find yourself sitting on the couch staring at the mountain of laundry not knowing where to begin, here are some tips to help set you on the path of accomplishment.
- Start a list. Write it down on paper. Check out this To-do List Notebook. The idea of writing a list can sound daunting at first. Start small. Look around your home. What catches your eye?
- Back to school = germ season. Come up with a cleaning schedule to wipe out those germs and keep your family healthy. Have you ever started putting the dishes away only to be distracted at a dirty hand print on the wall? Check out this printable cleaning schedule from mom4real.com to help you stay focused.
- While you were picking up that wet towel off your child’s floor, did you check to see if there were any creatures like scorpions hiding underneath? Pests weren’t at the forefront of your mind during your vacation. Now you are home and you hear that cricket chirping somewhere deep in your guest room closet. When was the last time you had your home sprayed? Call Scorpion Repel and get our technicians out on a regular basis to keep those pests in check. To stop pests from coming in your home, have AVERZION applied to the outside base. Book your AVERZION application before the weather cools down and those pests start looking for a place to hide out during the winter.
- Speaking of regular home maintenance. Use this home maintenance checklist that the city of Phoenix put together. It’s easy to forget to change your air intake filters. Yet it’s important to change your filters on a regular basis to improve the efficiency of your air conditioner (you still have another 2 months of heat).
- Lastly, set aside time for yourself on a regular basis to stay motivated and avoid burnout. According to Matthew Glowiak, from Southern New Hampshire University, “engaging in a self-care routine has been clinically proven to reduce or eliminate anxiety and depression, reduce stress, improve concentration, minimize frustration and anger, increase happiness, improve energy…” Forbes put together a great list of ten habits you try for self-care. Pick one and try it out.